I don't know a lot about it!It's our national sportsfishing association. It's been around for umpteen years, and about ten years in SA.I believe ANSA clubs, as well as offering sportfishing recognition for all types of fishing, are also involved in tagging programmes, promoting sustainable fishing practices, and promoting recreational fishing as a sport in this country.Actually, now that ya come to mention it, I recon I know very little about ANSA, and I wouldn't mind you explaining a bit more about it.

I just had a look through that link (national history). Founded in Cairns Feb 1967. In SA Sept 2001.

Thats REALLY strange. I can recall seeing ANSA write ups in VERY early editions of SA Angler Magazine {SMILIES_PATH}/shocked.gif ooops are u allowed to mention that mag here {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gif I know I would have been threatened with excommunication from another site for such an indesgretion {SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gif. Anyway I digress, and I used to fish under the ANSA banner way back in the early 90's with the NDSFC. Perhaps ANSA dont know themselves when they started where {SMILIES_PATH}/undecided.gif

Bravado, I dont think anyone on here will get upset by which ever magazine you read or get your info from, we are all bigger than that to bother about getting our t*ts in a tangle like some places, what we need on this site is people who are prepared to banter on about fishing, catching fish, and help everyone to learn and enjoy their fishing, those who want to be drop outs can cast their lines into some one elses pond.[/color:36kevume]

I reckon 1977 would be about the markANSA struggled to get a foot hold in SA in the early days Around 1979 Whyalla Sportfishing Club was formed and became affiliated with ANSA, and then clubs in Adelaide got on board and ANSA in South Aust boomed.In recent years interest has waned but a new state committee has now been formed and a revival of ANSA in SA is on the way {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif

Guest xtrafishyfish

Reckon 1977 would be very close and definately prior to 1980 here in SA. I reckon the first national ANSA convention for SA was held at Victor Harbour. About that time large Trout were coming out of the Onk. Gorge, Steve & George had just "opened" at Cavan and the blue Shakespeare 2040 Reels were "the reel". Light line fishing had come to town {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif

I reckon the first national ANSA convention for SA was held at Victor Harbour

From my knowledge and I will stand corrected if Im wrong but I think that was the second one. The first being held here at Whyalla at Weroona Bay and at the Point Lowly Lighthouse cotteges {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif

Just for the members of NDSFC while we're here, I did a google search since this thread was put up, and found two NDSFC sites. One of which was isolated and quarantined by my virus check as a hidden trojan was found. It may pay ya to investigate this, coz I'd hate to see ya havin pc problems coz of it.

i used to be a member of the adelaide s fc. under ansa, but as we have merged with ndsfc i have been unable to attend as their meetings ard held to far from my home. im a member of ndsfc and still chase records(not often) and having fun doing it but dont think i will subscribe next year. miss the meetings we used to have. {SMILIES_PATH}/cry.gif

chase records(not often) and having fun doing it but dont think i will subscribe next year.

ANSA is about to under go some changes that will make chasing records more attractableLength only records are about to be introduced as well as rule changes to lure casting that will allow the use of plasticsSo some exciting changes are in the wind {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif