sold a few of them in my older days. Most blokes were pretty happy with them. One mate of mine took one up north and put it to test on some bigger species. Lets just say it needed some repairs when it came back. I'd say they would be suited for fish under 10lb and suit about 10-15lb braid.Great fun to play with in the shop.

I think that the pixy's are freshwater only.

Yep, there is that, and that was one of the issues I was faced with when I made my purchase! I decided, that in the interestsof getting the light lures around, I'd grab one anyways, and just keep the inox up to it!Maybe for mulloway, and in a similar bracket, even though it doesn't have the twitching bar, also look at the Alpas 103. It packs a bit more punch than the Viento, and is 50 grams lighter.If the budget extends, go the whole hog for the Zillion. Far stronger drag, and ya get ya choice of gear ratios (7.1, 6.3 or 4.9). Then let me borrow it from ya for a day! {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gifMethinks there's just far too many shiney new toys to choose from! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

West lakes, this is my first post on this site, and without upsetting the locals, I have seen the viento's used in action on fish, I have in my younger days sold quite a few... the twitching bar is to be used only for retrieveing lures in a subtle but effective manner. Realistically as a kick start to a retreive or to work the lure for longer within the strike zone.It should not be used to fight a fish, this is the only way I could think of it breaking...If your a daiwa fan then keep a look out for the team daiwa advantage (super tuned) [u:1f4f65nv]they in my eyes[/u:1f4f65nv] along with the saltist HRF (hard rock fish) are [u:1f4f65nv]the best value for money baitcasters[/u:1f4f65nv] (not made in japan)All reels have their issues, think of it this way, every store in adelaide stocks ABU parts for when they break, doesn't men the reels are junk...Viento's won 'reel of the show' two years in a row at the AFTA (australian fishing tackle association) trade show...Food for thought.....