PLACE from my child hood

Well all as you know Im a west aussie so this place is on the west coast . so if you ever get over that way and want some seriouse fishing off the beach this is the spot to head for . the place is called fannys cove and is about 50 miles from ESperance heading towards Ravensthorpe .Serious 4 wheel driving to get there but well worth the trip . Now we break down the cove into 2 pieces the cove itself is about 1 mile across and well protected by a reef so safe for a tiny to venture out if you dnt mind white pointers have taken some nice skippy of the beach here and some nice sized dueies, salmon and I mean salamon not these lil things that we call salmon here . Now for the second half is the reef that backs on to bay about 1k away from the bay so grab ya gear and walk as you cant accsees it any other way as you crest the top of the hill you will see the reef strech out in front of you at low tide you can walk out to the end of the reef and bang a line in to 40 ft of water great for white pointers and other fish got my first flat head there at 15 . I used to head down there with my old man for fortnight and in that time we would catch enougth to feed us for 6mnths but its been awhile since ive been there Hope to get back there someday and take my family to this rugged pristine coast line :(

Yep spent a bit of time at Esperance and its a great place. Havnt been to fanny cove but have been out that way. Roses beach was great massive salmon and skippys. Also went out to some lakes and put a tinny in and caught heaps of bream. The bream were like nothing i ve seen before. All huge 35cm plus and you could catch them on anything, a hook with no bait a jig head anything. In the shallow creeks between lakes they were so thick you could have walked across on them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
gonefishing2105 wrote:

:cheer: whooohooo we are going just got off phne to brother in law we are heading to esperance at the end of year for a fishing tripcnt wait going to take heaps of pics to put up here :woohoo:

Got a spare seat :laugh: :cheer: :P :dry: Good luck with it, though doent sound as if luck comes into it much over there :)