GPS Marks for SA

Guest GNSS

http://www.hydro.gov.au/important-info/gps-chart-datums.htmGood enough ??http://www.cosports.com/index.php/tool/tools/latlongHere is a converter for those without access to a GPS or Computer :) :)IMO,That should be sufficient "Subject Matter" to appease any enquiring mind :) :)

Satellite - Derived Positions Positions obtained from satellite navigation systems are referred to the WGS datum; such positions should be moved 0.09 minutes SOUTHWARD and 0.06 minutes WESTWARD to agree with this chart.

Interesting difference isn't it Gungadin?0.09 minutes SOUTHWARD and 0.06 minutes WESTWARDis quite different from 0.08 minutes Southward and 0.08 minutes WESTWARDisn't it?Arh so which is correct, which is not ??? What is the difference then ??Oh the question is also open to the panel :) ** Reason for edit? To please the irrelvant nit picker expert fishers :)

MMM,As i see it any marks i get off the net are not to be relied on, but they can get you in the general area and you can work it out from there using your sounder.I have plenty of my own marks and can,t recall ever fishing right on a internet mark(except perhaps wrecks) and having great success but i reckon they are a resource that can give the newbie angler a decent place to start with the aim of improving their fishing and sounding skills. cheers brenton

wondering if anyone can post the links to some of the gps sites like Marinenews.com or fishnet.com they have plenty of good general marks for SA

http://www.marinews.com/fishing_gps_listing.php?sid=37 ;D
No confusion there is there Ranger? Regardless of being good or bad the format and datum is specifically spelt out, no confusion as to the intent is there?
I'm sorry? Have I somehow upset you? Maybe I'll send you a pm and we can sort this out privately!
Guest GNSS

my apologies GNSS.Sorry, ur spelling is perfect,Its ur people skills that take it in the ass :-)

Appears some people have an ass :) attitude but then that's normal for some who can't admit they stuffed up :)
Guest GNSS

wondering if anyone can post the links to some of the gps sites like Marinenews.com or fishnet.com they have plenty of good general marks for SA

http://www.marinews.com/fishing_gps_listing.php?sid=37 ;D
No confusion there is there Ranger? Regardless of being good or bad the format and datum is specifically spelt out, no confusion as to the intent is there?
I'm sorry? Have I somehow upset you? Maybe I'll send you a pm and we can sort this out privately!
Oh no you actually provided a site that doesn't confuse people, any more anyway

my apologies GNSS.Sorry, ur spelling is perfect,Its ur people skills that take it in the ass :-)

Appears some people have an ass :) attitude but then that's normal for some who can't admit they stuffed up :)
Sry? did I see an apology?LOL, they are right!
Guest GNSS

Summary peopleAGD66 is NOT NE of WGS84 (please make note of this as it might be usefull).08S & .08W does not equate to 205 metres (exactly or otherwise)0.09 southward and 0.06 westward also does not equate to .08S & .08W (which is not right and why?)

Hey Guys How about we just "all "delete "all" this dribble and leave the Gps marks for the newbie anglers to work it out for themselves.If it would make it simpler perhaps one on the mods can put a disclaimer in at the beggining of the thread to highlight the nature of internet marks. cheers brenton

Guest GNSS

NO Brenton we need to sort out the GPS marks for the newbie anglers right here and now. Either these marks are right or wrong there is no allowance for people to be posting wrong, misleading and incorrect data, there is simply no excuse for this unless of course those that post these marks have no idea what they are doing.It is time to call internet marks for what they generally are, BS. The other issue is some need to understand the statements they make are rubbish and even worse is some trying to continue to justify those BS comments by antagonizing.