Tiny Fish and A Surface PB

Well driving to the lake this morning .I was trying to work out the wind direction.Ended up heading to one of my favourite spots.Waded out to calf deep water and thinking the wind was at my back I cast my surface popping fly .In truth the wind was blowing very strongly over my left shoulder and forcing my fly very close to shore.Any way compensating for this while not easy could be done.And I was on my way .Sixth cast in and I wish I had brought some bread crumbs .This little bream was just hooked through the lip .Rather embarrassed at this fish but meh Posted ImageI took its picture on the lid of the container I use to store my digital camera just an idea of size.And I took this extra shot to try and show the popper fly !!Posted ImageSo while this didn't inspire me with greatness I continued on.Once I got to the end of this beach the wind was so bad it I headed to the next beach.Well rocks to be exact.WhileI was still getting fish finger sized fish to jump not in the numbers of the first beach but still it gave me hope.At this point it was hard to see my fly on the water surface .And the wind was a pushing the fly .Plus I was slipping tripping over rocks etc.When I actually saw a small school of bait fish swim through and I thought .Lets keep the fly moving for awhile.BANG or BAM Bait fish sailed through the AIR !!! my line gave a nice tug .I started stripping line in and thought bit of weight there not fish finger sized fish!! So I let the Fish (didn't know what it was at that stage) run and started reeling the line in.She looked a nice Bream in the water and she went for three runs all up .and I landed her among some rocks.Posted ImageI took a few pictures this was the best one or in other words the only one that worked.She measured 25 cms to the fork and was a fat little fish .And that was it nothing else troubled me but I was stoked a PB on the Surface (not my biggest Bream on a fly )Great way to spend a windy morning in Adelaide !!!Yes I know a sane fly guy would have been home in bed ;)