Flathead on plastics of the beach....

Well kingfisher gave me the idea of trying for flathead of the beach with some plastics. I had heard from a couple of my mates that there were a few down there, so i decided to give it a shot. Second cast i had a small flatie folow my lure right up to my feet. It didnt take long to land my first, he wasnt big but it was nice for a change to chatch somthing besides bream on a lure.Posted ImageI managed to hook a couple of small salmon flicking powerbaits around for flaties. I also hooked a huge flatie that took a nice run but he spat the lure. The big flaties are few and far between, i reckon if i used bigger plastics i might catch one but i dont think i would be worth it as you may end up catching nothing and not even landing any small ones.heres a few more pics. I landed three flaties my biggest was 28cm and two baby salmon.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageAfter the beach i decide to walk over to westlakes were i managed to find a school of largish size salmon. I bagged out in about 15mins flicking lures around, every cast i would get one and they put up a great fight on bream gear when there about 30 to 35cm in length.Posted Image