west lakes 23rd jan 2010

Well another Saturday and another strong wind from the south or south west.Anyway I head down to one of my favourite beaches at West Lakes .Parked the car and headed to the start of the beach.And first cast POP a tiny bream was jumping at my fly.This happened a couple of times and then nothing .So by this time I had waded back to my car.And I thought a quick change of fly ,as the one I was using had never produced a fish .So on with another popper and I'm off.The wind wasn't the hassle I had thought.It created water movement .The biggest hassle was the ARMADA OF SKULL BOATS that were training on the lake today.About an hour in and a good length of beach waded .I had a hit and miss then BAMPosted Imageand a bad shot of the flyPosted ImageA quick couple of snaps and he back in the water went this little 19cm Bream and I would say a minute after I was back in the water Bam againPosted ImageI continued on my way after this did have a giant jump that missed the fly .And a couple more small fish that didnt take the fly properly but by 8.45 am the fish had all gone home.And by the time I left at 9.20am I spent about 2 1/2 hours chasing themCheers

Thanks guys Was a donut day today :( .I decided to try Triana Way beach,Only mention it as it was crap :angry: .First time there and perhaps the last .then I headed to yestersdays spot but the sun was to high up I think .And the wind was against me .Oh well theres always Australia day hopefully with some wind :laugh:

brenton wrote:

I had a flick this morning at your beach Mick,this was the best for the morning but definitely not up with previous years,looks like the dropoffs have levelled out a bit as well which was part of the reason the fish sat in so close there.Posted Image cheers brenton

I didnt make it to that beach today almostbut by the time I got to the beach before itthe sun was to high for my liking
Mickyj wrote:

brenton wrote:

I had a flick this morning at your beach Mick,this was the best for the morning but definitely not up with previous years,looks like the dropoffs have levelled out a bit as well which was part of the reason the fish sat in so close there.Posted Image cheers brenton

I didnt make it to that beach today almostbut by the time I got to the beach before itthe sun was to high for my liking
I forgot to say that beach has been taking a hammering one local told me he was catching large breamon Crabs .Should have been fishing the other side this morning