Coarse/fly tackle from UK

Hi DamoAnother Pom, Hi and welcolm, you'll be surprized how cheap the fishing gear is across here, as for coarse fishing, the Ozzies do it oh so different, no sitting around for hours on end waiting for that massive specimen Carp or Callop, the place is full of huge fish. Carp are classed as a noxious pest and can't be put back across here, the Trout dams that I've see so far look very nice, although, you will fly fish for most things here.Mike

G'day mateI'm a Manchesterr lad myself and lived here for 20 yearsI have my own "Lake" on my property which is pretty well stocked - Check out the Lord Blackbilly postsI might get an order together for a dozen decent carp keepnets for the comps we sometimes have - you cant get them hereI bought 20 back and they sold pretty well. You need to get the extra tough rip proof ones as the carp here tend to have tougher spiked barbed fins hereYou are welcome to come and fish my place when you arrive - no charge, not like england and I can also put you in touch with other like minded pomsOn another note I have 2 apartments on my farm that are nearly finished that sleep up to 6, brand new fully furnished ensuites kitchens fully self contained that you might be interested in leasing when you first arrive. 40 mins out of city 10 mins to beach in the Mclaren vale wine growing region - and we have a vinyard and a 7 acre lake at the bottom of the gardenYou can email me on blackbilly@bigpond.com if interested in anythingFloats would also be another good item to bring 3bb to 4aa for carp fishing on still water - aa the rivers so slow moving or is a backwater

Cheers LBB, will def catch up with you when we come over. Our gear got shipped yesterday so now sleeping on the floor for 5 weeks, no saucepans, cutlery, TV etc - aargh!So can you return the carp in Oz if they are in a lake then? It's gonna be difficult to kill big carp, although I do understand the reasoning behind it.Damo

No you cant return them as yet :( However I watched a TV show recently where the celebrity angler did. The response that "it was an impoundment and not a waterway" came up so maybe we can clarify thatI would love to set up a carp fishery, with "large" carp on a catch and release, similar to the UK style- lots of poms here Therefore lots of potential :woohoo: The reason I said keepnets is that the guys use them to keep the carp"fresh" and not stinking on the bank next to them. Also they dry out and lose weight, not good in comps. :huh: I also use them for "broodstock" fishing in the river for the natives, softer and easier on the fish than a tankLooking forward to catching upHave you rellies here or friends you are staying with. Do you need any help this end when you arrive - bacon in the fridge and tetley t bags in the cupboard? :silly: You can email direct on blackbilly@bigpond.com if you want to chat

Hi LBB,We don't know anyone in Adelaide, just a few in Brisbane (bit far to go for a cuppa tho!). We have a 6 week rental in Christies Beach then we will be looking for longer term rental when we find a suburb we like. It's me, the mrs and our kids (8yr boy and 4 yr girl). I'm coming over as a brickie but have managed fisheries for 12 years in the UK, have a degree in it etc so may be able to help you out a bit for a cup of that tea and a bacon butty ;) Hope you have brown sauce over there!Will keep in touch,Damien