Beachport Tides

Guest davidm#2

Guest davidm#2

hey, just quik onedoes anyone know much about the tides at beachport??might be heading down on weekend and it looks like a dodge,(and i was confused coz i thought the tides were gd around a new moon) just wondering if its like wallaroo were they just have sh!t loads of them??will still be worth going??One more, is ne thing being caught latley?sory bout all the questions cheers B)

g'day mate, with the tides just look up victor harbour tides and all you need to do is add on 3-4 minutes. 2 weeks ago there was a few largeish mullies (30-50lb) caught off the jetty at night using fresh mac's live or fillets and squid they wernt interested in frozen baits, they slowed down last week with the moon but should pick back up again soon.The squid are getting harder to find with cold water pushing in off the shelf but there are a few arrow coming into the bay with the cold water.when carm (north wind) the mac's are coming in in decent numbers around dusk.Still a few good whiting being caught after a couple of blowie days with the cloudy water, if the waters clear than it's not worth trying imo.will let you know on thursday (local report) if anything has changed.hope that helps :)

Guest davidm#2

thanks pirahna, plus 1 karma 4 u ;) yeah i used the victor tides the added 25mins for low and highive got a 2010 tide book and they dont seem to bad out of there, but when i junp on the net it has beachport down for very little movement?good to hear thers still some mullies around. was hoping to target them off the jetty and any surf beaches around the area, and probs the salmon hole. do you get many sharks off the jetty?that would be great to hear the reportcheers :)

no probs David :) I normally only add 3 minutes onto the victor tide and it seems pretty accurate? what net site are you checking?they do catch a few sharks off the jetty mainly gummies,schoolies and the odd bronze, they always seem to be caught half way down the jetty on the slightly raised part of the jetty? no idea why but iv'e never seen one caught further out past that point?sometimes theres shapper off the end when it's rough.the beaches in the area don't tend to be very productive for mullies unless you go south into canunda or north around kingston.the salmon hole is always worth a try when the tide is in but not worth the troubble at half tide or lower.30-40g cromies using 10-15lb will get you out to the inner reef and work better than bait in the hole, best spot latley has been halfway down the beach with the larger fish schooling in a coupple of dropoffs there. ;) will let you know of any local reports :) cheers wes

Guest davidm#2

the sites i tried were 'willy weather' a "bom"there might be a deep gutter were that higher part of the jetty is?so its not worth the hike all the way to the end?thanx again, i hope i will have a gd trip to report oncheers

if your settling in for a baitfish it's probably not worth going to the end unless you can see breaking waves 800m straight off the end. when it's rough the snapper/mullies come in and generally the only clean water is under the last 200m of jetty and the fish seem to like the clear / dirty water line in those conditions.Always worth flicking some plastics right along the jetty though for salmon,snook,coota,flatties,mullies ect ;) theres no deep gutters under the raised platform but it's at the point that the seagrass thins out and exposes the bare sand patches. ;)I sopose the sharks are kind of funneled into that area while hunting along the weed edges?