G'day all, glad to see a new local site up and running, the "other" site has kinda lost its shine, too many........lets just say annoying people!!Allow me to share my first brag post.....Fished the Port hard over the weekend with some minor success. Last Thursday night fished out near Pelican Point using live squid. Had 2 missed hook ups and a monstrous run!! I was running 30lb braid on my Shimano 6500 baitrunner, had the drag fully locked and the bugger was absolutely screaming to say the least. I had lost about 150m in the space of a minute, i was only seconds away from unroping the boat and beginning the chase when CRACK!! My braid busted off at the spool {SMILIES_PATH}/angry.gif:(" title="Angry" /> Yes not very happy is one way of explaining the situation, i was left a shaking mess wondering what could have been and what happened to my braid {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gif Wind on overlap no doubt!Fished it again Friday night with no success, but Sunday night produced some goods. Changed tactics and travelled to the upper reaches with some live salmon trout of which there are quite a few in the port at the moment! Live baited up past the Birkinhead end of the Port and managed 4 runs and 2 hookups producing undersize jewies of 70 and 68cm. Myself and my mate were just stoked to have pulled our first Port Jews!! Beatifully silver in colour, very clean. Excuse the quality of the attached pic, very poor! It aint much of a brag considering the sizes, but the boat had 2 very pumped anglers that night {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif Cheers all! size=640http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/HOKl0dJK__Mully.jpg[/img]

Great work mateI aim to have a crack at a few mullies myself in the not too distant future. {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gifI did one sesh with Drawn last year that got us a couple of runs as well as a couple of PJ's {SMILIES_PATH}/sad.gifI'll be keen to have another go this year though for sure.Gaff

• 4 weeks later...

1st ones are always the hardest.Well done heres to hopin they all come easy from now on in ;D

i thort it would be like that for me havnt got one there in 1.5 years and over thirty all nighters. every trip its gettin closer i tell myself. lol. oh yeah great fishin fishin mad. thats great odds for nights out per hookups. well done keep the posts comin.
  • 3 weeks later...