To boat... Or not to boat???

Guest SnappaHunta

Guest SnappaHunta

RIGHT then, I have a delemma. Saturday morning I've got the weather sussed I reckon, tides too.The question is where to fish from about 5:45am till 11am?I have narrowed it down to two different options, any opinions would be well appreciated.1. I launch at garden Island, get some livies early and toss em about in the North arm area and into the Port proper, up to around the wall of water etc. Fun morning, but like playing the lotto :)2. Rods in the car and out to the end of St Kilda on foot for a bag of STs?P.s a bit of wind and rain never hurt no one :):):)

i know which i would do but I am biased towards a bit of ST fun !! you can head out, fill a bag in ultra quick time, have an absolute blast doing it and head in early to keep the wife and kids happy !! If you're good you can even sneak back into a nice warm bed smelling of fish:P

coonta kinta wrote:

neither!Worms are set to run tonight or tommorrow night.Find a quiet lake or river somewhere and while away the hours there.

Yeah right :huh: That's got to suck. Good for the guys going out to grab them though. As for the fishing... forget it, they will be fat, dumb and happy with there belly full of worms B) Could always join us at Browns for some rod bending action:P
Guest SnappaHunta

Yeah true, blood worm run. Still unsure what to do but. Leaning towards a boat adventure.Also, looking forward to the Browns Beach reports ( would love to head down, but the missus refused my application for leave :( even missing my Marion bay trip next week :( )yeah so good luck with the rod bending action, tides and weather are looking good for some decent tail walking Aussie steam train action. I bet you guys are having a bloody slow working week at the moment hahahaha :)

SnappaHunta wrote:

Still unsure what to do but. Leaning towards a boat adventure.

Then do both!You can pick up ST's as livebait around St Kilda from the boat, then take a short cut through the Cutting to get to the Port River on higher tides, where you can use them to chase your Mulloway.
Guest SnappaHunta
Barnett wrote:

it dosent matter where you go mate.just get out for as long as you can.and go hard as you can.and enjoy yourself.any fishing is good fishing.even if you dont get any.

so true mate, bad day fishing beats a good day at work :)and yeah, bugga it, I'll chuck a livie about, and after the suns been up for a bit, we can hit the STs.I'll ne sure to report back successful or not
Guest SnappaHunta

Well stuck the boat in the dodgie ramp at outer harbour. Fished around and me and my mate wouldve got half a bag of STs. Very very slow out there, STs were only nibbling. We went through the cutting to St Kilda and the breakwater there was crowded as down the end, didn't see close enough to tell whether they were catching.Explored around the mangroves a bit. Mate saw a 70cm plus Mully sitting in a little hole, it bugga'd off quick smart, some big bream seen but nothing legal landed. Good to see my mate with his new bloody roll cast with his fly rod.... It all looks a bit to skilfull to me.... Think I'll stick to the egg beater :) Well not a total loss, great 3 hours out, wind behaved but reckon the blood worm run has slowed it up.Cheers