Best Tucker for the trip.

If the trip is for a few days to a week take a camp oven, some lamb shanks, lamb chops or lamb offcuts and some soup veg make a nice lamb stew first day, add more vegies and meat each day after you are sick of stew (couple of days add some curry power and have a nice lamb curry for the next couple of days, this is a better Idea in the colder months as if the stew is not refrigerated after each meal it can go off quickly in hot weather, the flavour will get better as time increases usually best by third day, in colder weather goes well with a nice red wine followed by a nice port to finish off.cheers

essentials for most fishing tripstinned food- baked beans, spaghetti,Irish stew, Braised steak and onions, sausages and veg, steak and veg.(use these for quick meals when fish are biting and you dont want to be away from the lines long (can be eated hot or cold)Fresh food- onions, potatoes, tomatoes, (onions & tomatoes can be cooked or eaten raw in salads) potatoes cooked as chips on bbq or wrapped in foil and baked in firefresh meat- snags, steak, bacon (cover most meals)Cooked meat- fritz, ham,corned beef (make sangers when in a hurry to get back fishing or just for a snack)these are essentials I take on most fishing trips of 2 days or moreyou can add whatever else you need to these essentialsFor eg if its a week or longer I will take a leg of lamb or full chichen to roast in webber ( and use left over cold meat for sangers etc)hope this helpsBut I always hope to catch a reasonable amount of fish and bring most of theses essentials home again

If the trip is for a few days to a week take a camp oven' date=' some lamb shanks, lamb chops or lamb offcuts and some soup veg make a nice lamb stew first day, add more vegies and meat each day after you are sick of stew (couple of days add some curry power and have a nice lamb curry for the next couple of days, this is a better Idea in the colder months as if the stew is not refrigerated after each meal it can go off quickly in hot weather, the flavour will get better as time increases usually best by third day, in colder weather goes well with a nice red wine followed by a nice port to finish off.cheers[/quote']Yep have to agree with you mate a good slow cooked stew in a camp oven hits the spot on a cold winter's day camping. I have a potjie (South African version of a dutch oven but with 3 legs, over there they call them Mandela's microwave!), I use a few voortrecker recipes from the pioneering days of South Africa, bloody tasty, I tend to use chuck steak and the like as I can't seem to find any Kudo, Gemsbok or Eland (types of African antelope) over here. Those old pioneers knew a trick or two round the old camp fire!:silly:
You cant have a better start to a road trip for two peeps without KFC.If your doing an alnighter on the jetty you buy a mixed bucket with nugs' date=' cripsy strips, chicken, chips etc. Eat a fair bit of it straight up..then wack it in the esky and once you get a bit peckish during the night you go for the second hoe.Oh man....the only prob is it normally runs out b4 the morning sun pops up so you end up having to eat a pie on the return journey home anyway and end up stopping at Wakies.oh summer days bring it on.!!![/quote']Hey URH, wasant it you on the shoutbox last night saying you were going to lose 9.9 kilos by xmas :huh::lol::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nothing too serious for me food wise on the road trips........chips / shapes / twisties area dietary staple,along with the copious amounts of homebrew,and the 2 litre coke for the "morning after" before the long drive home........Canned "Stagg Chilli" is evil gear :evil: ......share it "with all in a 6 man tent",but avoid itwhen in your swag..........unless it's the middle of winter at Salt Creek :P

Nothing too serious for me food wise on the road trips........chips / shapes / twisties area dietary staple' date='along with the copious amounts of homebrew,and the 2 litre coke for the "morning after" before the long drive home........Canned "Stagg Chilli" is evil gear :evil: ......share it "with all in a 6 man tent",but avoid itwhen in your swag..........unless it's the middle of winter at Salt Creek :P[/quote']Must admit W.P. I am partial to the spicy stuff, especially like the "dynamite hot" Stagg Chilli Beef. What is also great on the barbie is smoked South African cod sprinkled with Cajun seasoning then dressed with slices of tomato and zuccini, the whole lot wrapped in foil and cooked for around 20 minutes. It sort of steams in the foil package and tastes great, good for other fish as well as the flavours really get into the fish, lemon pepper is another good seasoning for fillets. Onya Marko:lol: