I am back at the lake

After my Victor trip got cancelled for this weekend. I went for a flick along two of my favorite haunts at the lake yesterday.While me being me I should have used sinking line and varied my flies .Of course I left the floating line on and went with my popper flies.While I got zero fish .I did get a fair few mini Bream to perform aerobatics while trying to eat something they couldn't grab. Jumping bream always gets my heart a ticking.but its better if they take the fly.Tracking along these two beaches .I was trailing a school of something all I can tell u is they were small and thin (pencil garfish not certain or white bait ).And 3 or 4 loved to hit my moving popper but they were very very small.Of course I was trailing this school in the hopes that something bigger was trailing them!!!I had a little chat with Samboman most of the time his sounder was a beeping .And I was scaring the bigger bream as I waded past them!!!So guys it was great to be back and casting a fly .Probably better that I'm doing that after a winter free of fly fishing on a day when the bigger fish weren't quite ready to jump out the water .Big tip for those of us suffering from diabetes take your water bottle or end up dehydrated again like me lolCheersguysPsi did scare the odd larger fish I could see their wake near the fly when I moved it at the wrong time while having a homer simpson moment doh

• 3 weeks later...