Rod #5 (by me, for me)

Gday,Here's a few photos of a work-in-progress that I'm building for myself. I figured it's about time to make myself a rod seeing the others are off elsewhere.I wanted a two piece rod so that I can stick it in hull of my kayak if need be. I wanted it to be light enough for whiting but also have enough guts to tangle with Snapper and Mulloway.I am in two minds of how to bind the female part of where the two pieces join together. There are two photos below, one of the join bound the same as the guides are and another of the join bound only with black thread. Please give me some opinions fellas! I did like one way then now I like the other way and then I think I'll change my mind again. But after a bit of consideration, I think I'm going to go for the plain black thread.The wrapping work is done, next step is a good dose of colour preserver then a few coats of epoxy. Hopefully I'll have it out for a full road test soon.The learning process is still underway, hopefully my threadwork and colour co-ordination will continue to improve with time.Thanks for reading, any opinions/criticisms/hints/tips/suggestions are always welcomed.Thanks & Cheers.smallP1010043.jpgsmallP1010010.jpgsmallP1010037.jpgsmallP1010044.jpg

• 2 weeks later...