new combo or find a jigging rod for saltiga surf?

MAN fishing is such a money pit, after you think youve got all the gear you need you find out you just have to get more:laugh: i am also going to coffin bay and if wheather permits a greenly sesh and will need a jigging/poppering combo. Now ive got the money and ive held and played around with the new 2010 saltiga combo and it was mental, sooooo light but yet it felt sooooo smooth and ballsy. its just like my new certate i purchased a while ago only its the bigger serious brother.BUT nearly $2000 is alot to spend on a rod and real and i live in adel so other than sharks it probly would be too overkill for our metro waters, so i dont no if i can justify it as i probly wont be at greenly all that often.SO do i go for a cheeper combo or another option is, ive got a saltiga surf 6000 with 50lb on it . do i get say a jigging rod like the s-extreme of whatever rod would suit the reel, or should the reel be used for just the surf?so basicly wana no if the surf would handle this sort of fishingany help would be appreciated. thanx lord fisher.

Hi.You can't really have a "Jigging" Popper" Combo.They're completely different applications.Jigging is straight up\down with a hunk of metal hanging off the end. Up to 600g.Popping is casting as far as you can. and dragging back to you on surface. as fast as you can.One rod will not do both satisfactoralyI have 5 jigging rigs. 100gm to big. Rods vary from 4 ft 10 to 6 ft.Popping rods would normally be around the 7 ft \7 ft6in range.4.9-1 speed on Jigs. 5.6\6-1 plus speed on poppers.Saltiga surf (eggbeater?) should be ok for popping with a decent rod. I use Daiwa Capricorn 4500J With a berkley 30lb 7ft Popper stick.But that's up here in Qland on the GT's and such.(Only play at that though).We live 1 1\2 hrs by boat from where Nomad take their charters for GT popping (Shoalwater Bay) I'd be going separate rig for jigging.I use a Saltiga 40. and coupla Accurates for thatPlus Daiwa Black Sheep and SW for light jigging.

howdy lord fisher,should be able to get away with just a suitable rod purchase for you salty surf.you could checkout the catalina range which are great for jigging.they do a hirmasa stick which will fish 50lb braid and this could double up for a big bait outfit in the boat.there is plenty other rods out there so shop around and try to get a rod that the reel feels balanced on,goodluck.cheers adamibinfishin