2011 Tide Tables - Are We Being Ripped Off?

G’day S&HersToday I picked up my copy of “2011 Tide Tables for South Australian Ports” from a friendly local tackle store not a million kilometres from Beach Road, Christies Beach.First thoughts were: “Aahh...that looks like a much more user-friendly size, compared to last year’s version...almost pocket-sized”. (For those that haven’t seen it, it’s now A6 instead of A5 - i.e. half its previous dimensions.)The publication itself is quite “schmick”, but a few things occurred to me after comparing it with the 2010 version:• If the previous dimensions have been halved (and the font size has not changed significantly), surely the number of pages should have been doubled? It hasn’t - 2010 version has 112 pages, 2011 version 176 pages.• A significant number of pages of useful information from the 2010 version have entirely disappeared from the 2011 version (I won’t bore you with the details)• The price has gone up from $5 to $7 (40% – way above any CPI increase)It seems to me the Department for Transport, Energy and Infrastructure is but another Government of SA Department using recreational fishers as easy pickings.Any thoughts from other S&H members?Cheersarcherfish :S

Thanks, USSRI generally do, but a good "old school" booklet still does the trick as a handy back-up when the laptop or iPhone dies, there is no reception or a battery suddenly decides to give up the ghost.Regardless, I still think we're being ripped off...приветственные восклицанияarcherfish :cheer: