Spray epoxy/resin

Gday all. I have some old rods that have lost some coating around the feet of the guides, and I would like to get some epoxy on them to seal things up again. I thought i read on here ages ago about some gear in a spray can, but after a quick search i cant find anything.Is there a spray epoxy that would be suitable, or is the stuff you mix in two parts the best.Ive also wiped the rods down with inox, so what would be the best way to clean this off to get the resin to stick? Is metho or thinners too harsh to wipe on the rod?Cheers rooboy

use metho to wipe down the rods (maybe 2or3 times).if the finish is discoloured & flakey they have been varnished, some marine varnish could be applied to the affected areas, if it is epoxy & you don't wish to spend a lot on the rods go to cheap as chips & buy the transperant 5 minute epoxy (approx $3).requirements once home with epoxy, one clean icecream lid or simular, 1 ice cream stick paddle type. use stanley knife to make ice stick into a sharp point at one end apply equal amounts of the epoxy to the clean (underside}icecream lid stir the epoxy but try not to make it to bubbly then apply to affected area on binding in clean smooth strokes with the pointed end of i/c stick & rotate rod in your hand to get a smooth finish.hope this helps. cheers. joe.

Hi, ive used Mr Sheen to clean my rods a few times and was happy with the outcome.I also once experemented with an old broken rod with a clear varnish that id bought from some tackle shop. Wasnt happy with that outcome as it just flaked awayjust by using my fingernail.Then i tried the 2 part epoxy resin that you mix yourself, this is deffinetly the way to go!projoe is giving you good advise , as this is the way i did mine too on a warm day.A turning machine will help lots too , it makes it all even ...roknev uses a spit motor ,and i will too next time im rebuilding.Harry