HiJust wondering if you can pump nippers on metro beaches? Are there distinctive holes to look for etc. I have no idea about nippers or the availability of them and other bait off local beaches so any help would be great. Im not after anyones exact posi but if someone could point me in the right direction i can work the rest out. Thanks heaps.

yes to metro beaches...which ones... time and effort will find that out. I know they are available from seacliff to aldinga so this shoudl get you off to a flying start !Look for greay patches around 4" round with holes in the middle or patches of holes in close vacinity of each other and pump away. You will need something to pump into othere wise you will lose most of them.there you go.. I had a go...now it's your turn.

Mate that's one up on me...never tried for them but then again never needed to. Cockles and squid/cuttlefish are usually my go to bait from the boat and never really done huge amounts from land based for the smaller stuff on bait.Good luck though, it's not that hard once you get your eye in. Me and Marsone got a patch of nippers that would have seen us fish for hours if we had the time.