line capacity formula

Stumbled across this simple formula for line capacity......I know that my TLD 50 holds 700m of 50lb.......but I choose to run 80lb......how much do I need to buy?here we go.....700m x 50lb = 35,000.....divide this by 80(lb) = 437.5 mObviously not "exactly" correct due to varying diameters of line for the same given breaking strain.Consequently,if I wanted to run it with 30lb....700m x 50lb = 35,000 divide by 30(lb) = 1166.66mmay help "someone someday" ;)

Stumbled across this simple formula for line capacity......I know that my TLD 50 holds 700m of 50lb.......but I choose to run 80lb......how much do I need to buy?here we go.....700m x 50lb = 35' date='000.....divide this by 80(lb) = 437.5 mObviously not "exactly" correct due to varying diameters of line for the same given breaking strain.Consequently,if I wanted to run it with 30lb....700m x 50lb = 35,000 divide by 30(lb) = 1166.66mmay help "someone someday" ;)[/quote']:ohmy: :huh: I think ill just be asking you guys :)

cheers USSR i went to my local tackle store with your awesome line capacity formula memorised in my head (well in my phone actually) and like you, wanted to spool my TLD 50 with 80lb and felt quite confident knowing exactly how much i needed that i would be in and out in a jiffy, no time wasted. So i told the fella i needed exactly 437.5 mtrs of 80lb line after totally impressing him with my calculations, when suddenly everything fell too pieces within seconds after being told they only come in 500,300 and 150 mtr spools!! i said i needed 437.5 mtr spools no more no less and now i am home looking at my TLD 50 with no line and banned from my local tackle store!! thanx USSR for making me feel like a right goose... cheers snake

cheers USSR i went to my local tackle store with your awesome line capacity formula memorised in my head (well in my phone actually) and like you' date=' wanted to spool my TLD 50 with 80lb and felt quite confident knowing exactly how much i needed that i would be in and out in a jiffy, no time wasted. So i told the fella i needed exactly 437.5 mtrs of 80lb line after totally impressing him with my calculations, when suddenly everything fell too pieces within seconds after being told they only come in 500,300 and 150 mtr spools!! i said i needed 437.5 mtr spools no more no less and now i am home looking at my TLD 50 with no line and banned from my local tackle store!! thanx USSR for making me feel like a right goose... cheers snake[/quote']But a great story for us :)Is there a "labor fee" in having it done?ive always attempted to do it myself which normally results in a few profanties... and then just buying a new real with line already on it... KMART FTW ha