Work Experience

ay bro goo down to my old work at SPot On at Salisbury on Main north roadtell em Jason sent ya to see if you coudl do some work experincewhen i workd there we occasionally had few each and they wer mor then welcomespeak to nathan or steve. it aint a big shop but wil giv u a insight into prb one of teh best n funnest jobs in the world lol bit boring too when its not busy lolgood luck man

ay bro goo down to my old work at SPot On at Salisbury on Main north roadtell em Jason sent ya to see if you coudl do some work experincewhen i workd there we occasionally had few each and they wer mor then welcomespeak to nathan or steve. it aint a big shop but wil giv u a insight into prb one of teh best n funnest jobs in the world lol bit boring too when its not busy lolgood luck man

Cheeers for that mate, spot on seems like a very decent shopthanks for that mate, il let you know how i goCheeers FSW

We help a lot of school kids with their work experience at both Wallaroo and Moonta. The only thing we ask is that this is WORK EXPERIENCE and as we are a Retail Store we will be giving you Retail Work Experience. Really think about what you want to do in the future as it is a good chance to try it out. What i am saying is if you want to be an Electrician or a Mechanic don't do your work experience in Retail as you are just wasting your time and the employers time, chase what you really want to do. If it's Retail you want to do we are more than willing to help anyone but we have also had students that only want to fill in time because they have to and it is just a waste of our valuable time.RegardsSharonCompleat AnglerWallaroo 08 8823240Moonta 08 88253400

We help a lot of school kids with their work experience at both Wallaroo and Moonta. The only thing we ask is that this is WORK EXPERIENCE and as we are a Retail Store we will be giving you Retail Work Experience. Really think about what you want to do in the future as it is a good chance to try it out. What i am saying is if you want to be an Electrician or a Mechanic don't do your work experience in Retail as you are just wasting your time and the employers time' date=' chase what you really want to do. If it's Retail you want to do we are more than willing to help anyone but we have also had students that only want to fill in time because they have to and it is just a waste of our valuable time.RegardsSharonCompleat AnglerWallaroo 08 8823240Moonta 08 88253400[/quote']Thnaks for that, im not sure what i want to do when im older, but working in a tackle shop or even owning one would interest me and i would like to try it out.Thanks, if i could get upto wallaroo for the week, itd be great and yeah dont worry i wouldnt be a time waster ive been fishing since i was like 5 ahaCheers FSW

Small advice for what its worth FSW ;) if you love your fishin'don't work or attempt to work in a tackle or camping shop :woohoo: you will end up working all of the times of which you currently utilize for fishin'I've had some great staff over time that end up 1) not fishing :blink: 2) hating their work & begrudging it because it cuts short fishing time :blink: 3) leaving the industry for that very reason :blink: for me as an employer & reading between the lines from Spotter they'd agree, I'd suggest a good fisho is the last thing I need to mould into a good retailer :whistle: :whistle: A good retailer is a person able to find it within themselves the passion to make the client feel good about their proposed experiences :whistle: , help with product selections to fulfill such :whistle: , not to blow smoke up them about how good a fisho they are themselves with an army of trophy catches to their kit :evil: :evil: .If you love your fishin' become a Plumber or Electrician B) , 8 - 5 monday-friday leaving the evenings, weekends and public holidays to fishing.Don't get me wrong here, we do have a bunch of fun :woohoo: :woohoo: we do get to play with all the toys :woohoo: :woohoo: we do get to fish, albeit not when you guys are fishing :woohoo: :woohoo: we do have some memorable experiences servicing y'all from all walks of life and trust me we do get our quota of tools to deal with too :evil: :evil: thats all fun and gagsthe flipside is dealing with common thieves :angry: :angry: liars :whistle: :whistle: egotrippers :unsure: :unsure: and last but not least Ebay heros abtaining unbelievable deals of the century :woohoo: IF YOU LOVE YA FISHINGbecome a hairdresser B) B) for me its an income, being my own boss & having the ability of flexible hoursFinatic

u summed it up in one finatic ive dont work in the tackle industry but im apart of the furniture of anglers choice for years and seeing the amount of times that the guys down there fish it is minute.... and i myself was going to open up a tackle business... but after talking with the guys down there and seeing it 1st hand they prob only fish a handful times a year thats if they get offered charter days or what not. that and the long hours that they do do... dont get me wrong id love to do it and love dealing with customers and doing the hard yards put if i put it into reality ill never get to do the thing that i love most and that is to FISH..... you never know i might become a good hairdresser :D

Southie - what ya talkin' about Willis :P :P True for the full timers but the part timers (myself and Pete) fish up to 3 times a week :P :P :P I would never want to work full time for that reason.Tackle store is fun but as said it is not all talking fishing and playing with toys. You become a cleaner' date=' cleaning shelves and vacuuming, unloading and pricing of incoming stock, loading and maintaining stock on shelves, Storing excess stock (and finding room for it), bagging cockles, sauries etc, keeping bait freezers maintained, tying 100's and 100's of rigs in quieter periods and much much more. Still I love it and a busy day is a quick one, especially when passionate about your job.You will struggle to find full time work in a tackle store, most are casual or as myself, permanent part time. Mark[/quote']Yeah i love doing all that stuff and working in a tackle i think would be good, but geting the chance to try it for a week will help see if it will suit me,Cheers for the info mate FSW