THIEVING *INSERT WORD HERE*

Hey All,Well, we haven't been fishing lately but we are off to Whyalla this coming Easter Weekend. Preparations were going well. I say were becuase this morning when I went to service and respool reels, I discovered that we were one combo short. This resulted in a frantic search of my property, inside, out, up, down, including sheds and every hidey hole we could think of but No luck. Next, we visited all of the local Pawn shops and Trashies. Still no luck. We went to the trouble because the outfit belonged to my 11 year old son and has immense sentimental value. He had never used the reel which he won at last years Snapper Comp. It was a Shimano Seido 6000FA reel. I don't really care about the rod but the reel is sorely missed. I think it was the work of kids because out of around 30 other combos, that was the only one they took. There were tools, tool boxes and other things but that is what they took. If it had of been my Abu or T curve, I would have been angry but it isn't the same. The reel was a prize and was brand new! The idiot that lifted it had better tread very carefully from now on is all that I can say.We visited Anglers Choice this arvo and the guys there helped us out. I was able to substitute the missing combo for a reasonable price. It will not replace the Seido but at least he has a combo for the Whyalla trip.B214

Guest Shark-Kat 6

Hi B214, all I can say is that hopefully KARMA will get the best of them little :c ... By the way good luck at the comp and hope to see you there! I,m heading up this monday to hopefully find some good spots as I've not fished there before! :boot: :ohmy: :lol: S.K.6

Im still PERPLEXED (and I know thats a big word for a snapper fisherman) but one combo only.and how does a young thief decide on that being the rod and reel combo of choice?When fishing I say think like a fish and when trying to figure out how and why a Crime went down think like a criminal, but I still cant figure out exactly how the thief decided on that outfit.Its just plain Bizzare.Id be asking the boys if they had shown any of their mates their combo's and if they did go visit the parents of any that they showed and ask politely if their has been any new fishing gear about the place..But Im feelin your pain buddy..Hope it shows up.oh and good luck in the snapper comp to the whole family.

Yeah. One outfit only. Which further reinforces that it was kids. The rod was new as was the reel. The reel had a chrome like finish and was not only shiny but it certainly was an attractive reel. Not spooled. It had no marks on it whatsoever. Right next to it was one of my heavy boat rods with a light abu reel on it which was also brand new. Although the reel was nowhere near as attractive or shiny and the rod was well used. Any adult that knew or suspected they knew what gear was what, then they would have left that and took several of my other combos. My T-Curve and some of my other Abu overhead combos. There's only two lads that have been over lately and my boys have been to both their places. There's no way my oldest lad would be flim-flammed by anyone. He's no nonsense and can read most of the young lads around here like he reads a book. If he happened to find out it was at one of their mates house, then mores the pity on them.

Ah, its now making more sense and is seeming to me to be more a spare of the moment gear grabIe someone might have looked over the fence (even if they had to climb up to have a quick look) they may of seen a stack of fishing gear and gone, right Im going to grab one.Theyve seen the shiny one and gone thats the most expensive and best outfit.So this is someone who is transient and is just passing through the neighbourhood and being very opportunistic.although I think your very right in organising some serious protection as they know where the rods are and even if you move them may come back looking again.what a bummer, cos when you have a great place that you usually put your gear, its a pain in the arse to have to put it somewhere else.Bugger the little shit that did it.

sorry about hearing of your lads loss man tough break for a young fella especially since he won the bloody thing ,shit like this make s me realllll crancky man, i can only hope the perpatrators get whats coming to them ,albeit a foot in the arse,hope the replacement can put a smile on the lads face again by smashing a big one in the comp good luck fella`s

sorry about hearing of your lads loss man tough break for a young fella especially since he won the bloody thing ' date='shit like this make s me realllll crancky man, i can only hope the perpatrators get whats coming to them ,albeit a foot in the arse,hope the replacement can put a smile on the lads face again by smashing a big one in the comp good luck fella`s[/quote']These boys are definately keen on the snapper fishing as the youngest arrived at my place last night wearing a Whyalla snapper fishing comp T-shirt. The oldest is so competitive and keen its just unbelievable. Was fantastic cos I remember trying to hand him a hooked RED and him turning it down as he hadnt hooked it himself. Which was pretty admirable and shows how keen he is to do well as a snapper man.I was suitably impressed and slightly jealous. HahahahaThese two are going to be the next generation of RED CHASERS and they will do it with gusto Im sure.