Hey guys, some would know that I get looked after by the nice ol mates at G Loomis, irrespective of this I would like to offer my thoughts on a new rod I received just today. I have been using the 'Dropshot' range of loomis rods for some time now, I orginally started with the 820 imx rod brought here from the US or A. Now at the time these rods were sweet, however opinions canged and poeple wanted a arod with a shorter butt section for twitching and jerkin their lures... They modified the butt section to make it shorter and I adopted a few of these rods. I have been using the 'short grip' dropshots for around 15 months and have found them fantastic for fishing plastics, vibes and hardbodies in 'close quarter battles' (CQB).Well I picked up the GLX version (loomis's top of the range graphite) and to say I was shattered is an understatement. These rods are sooo light they make the original IMX versions I was using feel very very heavy.... The ods feature the new concept re-coil guides and an un-varnished moss green blank.I have one in my possession and another on the way, they will replace my IMX versions as of this very moment....I can honestly say these are the best bream rod I have ever felt... ever....and I have owned and fished all the usual stuff like black diamond, millerods and smith bayliners....Here is the link to the product at the aussie website.http://www.ejtodd.com.au/catalogue/comm ... og_pid=yesDon't be scared by the price, they are well worth the money and site sponsors/local stores will talk biccies with you... If anyone wants to have a look at any of the bream or callop comps just come and see me, I'm the onle with G Loomis plastered all over the boat....Cheers

Guest undertaker

Never actually having owned,or even used one,you can tell that they are a quality item just by looking at their components and finish.So much so,I had a client who's wish was to take his 4 with him........in they went.....arranged nicely too they were.There were lot's of "ooh's" and "ah's" at the after party as well.

in they went.....arranged nicely too they were.There were lot's of "ooh's" and "ah's" at the after party as well.

what??and yes, Loomis rods are very nice quality, shame there not as big here as in other states.
Im guessing here, but i think he wanted to be burried with them :icon_eek:
Guest undertaker

Im guessing here, but i think he wanted to be burried with them :icon_eek:

oh, Yep that makes sense now! "client" was where i went wrong there, I was thinking what the? but it does make sense, sorry Taker.I wouldnt mind taking my lure collection with me..... trebbles removed of course!
Why worry about removing the trebles?They're not going to hurt you where you're going...........or is some-one the sole beneficiary of them?