Assistance Required

Hey guys and gals,Well, as some may or may not know, I haven't picked up a rod in over 10 years, so I am a complete virgin again now....fishing, not anything else ;)Anywho, I am keen as bean to get my rod in and catch some dinner, but I cannot convince a single mate to come along, and all 3 that have boats are too goddam lazy!When I used to fish I was spoilt by choice. Had 6 mates with boats, could go out almost any day I pleased, they were all well experienced so I was quite 'spoon fed' back in the day. Now I want to walk down the street (literally) and throw my rod in the Onky I am wondering what the hell to do!So, I was wondering if there was maybe a 'newbies guide' to things like what to fish for in the Onky? What bait should I be using? Should I use lures? What line should I use? You know, all the simple things you boys take for granted :)I know there's no 'hard and fast rules' per se, but a guide would be great. I've been down there twice this week just trying my luck in the carp pond to get warmed up, but so far I lost three on the first day (shit knot tied, 8lb line broke and the one swimming near the bank I almost caught with my hands!) and then yesterday didn't get a single bite. I assume weather might have played a part in that though.Once I get an idea of how to set up this line I can then bash your ears about setting up something bigger for bigger fishies :)Anyway, it would be a great addition to the site in the "resources" section too for newbs like me too!P.S. If there's anyone else local to the Onky who wouldn't mind sharing some experience I'd be more than happy to listen ;)

I would be fishing a running rig with a small bean or ball sinker. with a bout a metre trace to a long shank hook. I would then put about a 2cm peice of tube worm on. Try and find slightly deeper water in the onk.Cast in and with any luck you should catch some bream pretty quick and FINGERS CROSSED, a small schoolie is also possible on tube worm.Good luck mate.

Hey mate, if you've found the "other" forum, good luck. You will get alot of ego's and "put in the time newb", and "we arnt spoon feeding you" type help. This forum is much more close knit,has easier going admin and you will quickly see there is lots of helpfull guys on here actually willing to help and not just making boys clubs.In regards to tips, I too made a recent comeback from an extended Hiatus from angling.Since I left, the major development was the introduction of Braid line, plastix and the use of 3000-4000 sized spinning reels on graphite rods to land big fish, These aspect will be of huge benefit to you when fishing the Onk. Some absolute Onk gurus on here if u do the reading and lastly if you want, go see mark Mills at anglers choices on beach road, he will set you straight and a top guy to boot .