Baitcaster Setup

Hey GuysI have been checking out some tackle as late (nothing out of the usual)and for some reason a baitcaster setup seems rather appealing, they do appear better suited to chasing barraup north but i was keen to hear if any of you guys own one? What appilcations it best suited to? and if you actually like it?Cheers Raider

I have a "stone-age" Shimano Bantam spooled with 4lb mono on an el-cheapo Rex Hunt 5 foot rod 4ated at 2 to 4 kg..........use this for silver whiting during summer and mullet (now) on Yorkes beaches.Reckon it has cost me less than a carton of beer all up,and is a great little combo.Not sure about a barra on this one though :ohmy:

It all depends on how much you want to spend. Abu Garcia make great Baitcasting reels. The 5600C4 would be ideal for chasing Barra. It retails for approx $170.00 but you can pick up some decent second hand reels from places like EBay and gumtree or even here on SH from time to time for a great price. I use one of them and a 6500C3 for chasing Snapper. There are several types of Baitcasting rods on the market. I use a Crystal Powertip for chasing Snapper. It is 5'6" and does the job in a heartbeat. Shimano or Abu Garcia, Silstar make decent rods to suit. I can't really suggest which one because there are so many available. Just make sure that the line class would suit your target species and away you go.