Proposals for Land use on the Murray, Goulburn & Ovens r

Hey all,Just received this from Compleat Angler Wallaroo and they have asked if I would post it. Cheers,AarronHi All, Steve has asked if I can distribute this to our stores to bring you up to date with this issue. There is a detailed document on the following website if you wish to read in more detail.http://www.veac.vic.gov.au/riverredgumdpp.htmBasically there is proposals/recommendations on the table that will change dramatically the way the existing State Forests, National Parks, Regional Parks along the Murray, Goulburn, Ovens river systems can be accessed and the uses permitted in each. The conversion of the majority of the existing State Forests to be catagorised as National Parks is the main issue that then leads to the banning/restricting of a host of other outdoor activities. For all stores in NSW, Victoria and South Australia. The area effected runs from Albury all the way to the SA border. Thanks Trevor.

This could be quite concerning.....I know many up the riverland; fishers and business owners, who are very concerned about the impact of these new proposals. As individuals or as concerned businesses, if we are interested we should make submissions. I remember the Trout review a few years back, the government only got a handfull of letters in opposition, and the fallout was that Many people were unhappy; if only they spoke up at the right time. still easy to say............

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah thats all great, but in all honesty, lets get real here guys.The government does as it pleases always will always has.For example the workplace relations, people despise it and it effects millions , and in opposition there were university trained big union knobs ect ect, rallies and all sorts.But it got passed.So what hope has something like a "Trout Paper" or marine parks or anything else got hope for.What are we going to do, get 50 letters in opposition , the majority of people are to busy trying to pay the mortgage, school fees, weekly budget ect ect to even know these issues exist.A sad reality very sad but a fact.Its a shame but society has come to a point of every man for himself, and issues get ignored as the majority of people are to busy just trying to make ends meet.Cheers {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif