Gloomis/Daiwa snapper outfit

Hi Guys Well a few may be aware that I was after a Loomis rod to add to my snapper rod collection. I had been trying to purchase an almost new one from a guy in Qld via another site but was having huge hassles getting this guy to answer his phone etc.So I decided to treat myself to a new one and after searching on the net found Ray & Annes were the local distributors. I ventured down there and had a chat with Bruce who was not aware of the model I was chasing but as luck would have it the rep was due the next day to pay him a visit so he promised to find out the availability for me.Two Days later I received a call and the rod was ordered and best of all would be instore by friday :) Well I went into the shop today and Im over the moon with the rod it is everything I wanted and some. He has a few more there so if you chase the Red fish and thinking of a new rod go and check these babies out.The model is FLBSR853S its 7'1" in length and is rated 8-20lb and throws lures in the 3/8-3/4 oz range so its ideal for SP fishing. Its got a great feel to it and Im itching to get out and try it.Best of all though was the price.....The rod I was chasing in QLD was 2nd hand and the guy wanted $280 + postage which would have been $30. I got this rod from Bruce for $259 in my hot little hands ...to say I was happy is an understatement, so much so that while I was there my eyes caught a nice Luvius 3000 sitting in the cabinet and it just seemed a perfect match for the rod and better still it was on special and was the cheapest size in the range :) Teamed up with 300mts of 15lb Saltiga braid I can hear those snapper trembling with fear from my place lookout you Reds Im heading your way real soon. :woohoo: Thanks Bruce for getting me my new toy ......Im a happy chappy :lol: cheerssnapps