New Toy

Hi AllPurchased a Tiagra 30W LRS the other day.Never had a decent mono game reel before but wanted it for coffins kings this year, live baiting and catch n release shark fishing for Mako's.After watching the video on here of that mako hooked off sydney where it jumped out the water all those times doing barrel rolls and summersaults i just thought thats insane.Was trolling for tuna off lincoln earlier this year and saw a mako about 10 foot long jump out the water. It twice jumped about 20 feet in the air and summersaulted end over end before landing back in the water in a massive surface explosion. I don't know what it was doing because it certainly wasn't hooked!Don't want that landing in the boat thats for sure.Cheers

Photo0514.jpg

Thats an excellent purchase Nanman. I am sure you will be happy. There is no better Game Reel when it comes to that sort of Fishing. And with Wicked Drag and Gear Ratios you shall be stopping anything! May I ask what Rod you have paired it with and what Pound and Brand Mono it will be spooled with?

Thats an excellent purchase Nanman. I am sure you will be happy. There is no better Game Reel when it comes to that sort of Fishing. And with Wicked Drag and Gear Ratios you shall be stopping anything! May I ask what Rod you have paired it with and what Pound and Brand Mono it will be spooled with?

Hey TT sorry about the late reply to your questions.I've spooled the reel with roughly 470 metres of 55lb schneider mono. I know i could've got more mono on if i went lighter but i was after a bit thicker line that would be better for abbrasion resistance.470 metres of 55lb will stop most things and if a spool job is looking on the cards i can pull anchor and give chase anyway.Rod is a wilson texalium gold stroker 5'6" 15kg-24kg RLFTXG26.I've always really liked texaliums. The feel and action of them is great.A mate of mine with an attitude problem towards non japanese made tackle reckons texaliums are junk or as he puts it "Ugly Sticks Wrapped in Alfoil". :laugh: