Fishing Line

Morning to you all ! I'm going to re-spool all of my reels prior to a Wallaroo trip soon and was wondering what all the fuss is about these braided , brightly coloured Fire-lines ?I always thought that we used normal blue/green type mono so that the fish / squid could't see it underwater and bait presentation looked as natural as possible .I understand the concept of the "braided" part , ie. no stretch , but what's with the coloured line?? and what colour should be selected for Squid & Fish ????? Premature thanks and best regards to all...........Kev

Braid has zero stretch and zero memory. so you can feel every bite. I think the fresh water guys tend to use the more dark green sorta colours (correct me if im wrong). The multi colour braids are to give you some idea of the depth of line out ie each colour resembles a different depth.you do need to run a mono or flurocarbon leader from your braid rule of thumb about the length of your rod.About 3 years ago i tried braid on one of my reels loved it so much I spooled all my reels and havnt looked back since. There are a couple of new knots to learn for tying braid but nothing to hard.cheers ABF