Right place, right time

I had to waste a few hours today before a customer was due home. :icon_e_sad:So went and had a subway for lunch at mile end and thought I would wander thru Anaconda for a look while I was down that way.browsed their fishing stuff, nothing too much to temp me, and then wandered over to have a look at their back packs.I had thought a backpack for the beach trips/walk in spots would be a good idea.so looked around and nearly died at the price of some of them. :icon_e_surprised:so I thought I would ask the bloke in that section for his advice.told him I wanted a backpack for fishing that wouldnt be used all the time so didnt want to spend heeps of coin.he said to me what around $50?, yep that would be ok I saidhe then walks over picks up a backpack that I had already looked at that had a price tag of $169.97 :o and of course had put back.he then said I can let you have this one for a good price as its my last one! so I said what do you call a good price?how about $60? what can I say :icon_e_biggrin: :icon_e_biggrin: :icon_e_biggrin:this is the backpack, I got the 60ltr onehttp://denaliequipment.com/Product.asp?p=42like I said right place right time.Cheers Ian

how about $60? what can I say :icon_e_biggrin: :icon_e_biggrin: :icon_e_biggrin:

Ya probably still got ripped off, the poor bugger in china only got half a bowl of rice for sewing 10 of them together before lunch
That poor bugger was a 12 year old girl, whose little fingers are already crippled and swollen with arthritis from her relentless work schedule! If she doesn't fill her daily quota, she doesn't stop, and she doesn't sleep! Her stomach pains from hunger, her feet are cold as she cant afford shoes, and she cries endlessly from lonelyness and seperation from her family. Her boss constantly raises her daily quota, and garnishes her wages to line his own pockets. She is all alone in a busy metropolis, working 14 hour shifts 7 days per week, for a meagre pittance she sends back to her poor family in the farming village. She knows the icy winters are soon approaching, and without her wages to fuel the fires at home and purchase valuable rice and medicines, her poor sick grandfather may not last the winter. She has grown dejected with life and withdrawn at such a tender age, she no longer smiles or laughs, and she knows she's destined for the same life of hardship and struggle her sisters before her have suffered.Big Ian.............YOU B*STARD! :P
  • 4 weeks later...