snapper snatchers

Absolute gun for Salmon, but expensive you can make your own from bits and pieces from spotlight easily, or just as effective is those small rubber squid [silver, or blue with glitter]and with a piece of cork inserted into the head.Just add half a pillie to the hook and bobs your uncle, and they will slam them on the retrieve as well .Cost about 20 cents each.Cheers 8)

Actually the main thing from what Ive seen from these type things, such as surf poppers , and snatchers [which are basically a flashy saltwater fly] is when surf fishing if your bait gets taken , you still have something on your rig that the fish will go for.They act like a lure, and salmon will take them on their own.Dunno much about their uses in boat fishing, but they are good for Salmon.Still pricey for what they are though.Cheers 8)

whats the point in spending 10 bucks on one if they work best with bait

Because they WORK BEST, Period. Now honestly I cant speak from first hand experience on Snapper and i dont pretend to (I know ur a gun snapper angler); but I have many, many customers who swear by them. The reason they are so good is that they entice fish to hit your bait, that is, Fish that wouldnt have otherwise hit your bait, so i guess you could look at it as an attractant; it makes what you have already, even better.A couple of weeks ago, i had a chat to Neil (frm AdventureBound) and i commented to him about how well snapper snatchers are going. He told me that a few weeks back he was in NT fishing for Black Jews, the Charter Operator had been doing it for about 20 years. when Neil brought out the Snapper Snatchers, the Chater fella said 'they are real touchy mate, they'll scare em away, so put em away!"Neil said NO Chance! That day Neil out fished the others by about 5 to 1. After Neils unparralled sucess on day one, day 2 saw everyone on board use the Snapper Snatchers, the result was about 20 Jews in the one session, ABSOLUTELY SMASHING the CHARTER OPERATORS record and he'd been doing it day in day out for 20 years!!!! Needless to say he was converted.Not the be all and end all, but a worthy addition to a deep water anglers tacklebox IMO ;)

I have used them for around a year, and used the mustad ones before that..Hooked my first big snapper on 1, caught 3kg salmon at Pt Noarlunga last year on themand have since continued to use them baited and unbaited at wallaroo, pt riley, waitpinga and even in wa with good results everytime.No doubt everyone should have some in their tackle.

Guest addict

whats the point in spending 10 bucks on one if they work best with bait

Because they WORK BEST, Period. Now honestly I cant speak from first hand experience on Snapper and i dont pretend to (I know ur a gun snapper angler); but I have many, many customers who swear by them. The reason they are so good is that they entice fish to hit your bait, that is, Fish that wouldnt have otherwise hit your bait, so i guess you could look at it as an attractant; it makes what you have already, even better. honestly yakattack i havent herd as much fed back as you would of,but i dont doubt ya for a second.ill try em this season and see how they fair ,could be on to a good think.Cheers mate for sharing you thoughts ;DA couple of weeks ago, i had a chat to Neil (frm AdventureBound) and i commented to him about how well snapper snatchers are going. He told me that a few weeks back he was in NT fishing for Black Jews, the Charter Operator had been doing it for about 20 years. when Neil brought out the Snapper Snatchers, the Chater fella said 'they are real touchy mate, they'll scare em away, so put em away!"Neil said NO Chance! That day Neil out fished the others by about 5 to 1. After Neils unparralled sucess on day one, day 2 saw everyone on board use the Snapper Snatchers, the result was about 20 Jews in the one session, ABSOLUTELY SMASHING the CHARTER OPERATORS record and he'd been doing it day in day out for 20 years!!!! Needless to say he was converted.Not the be all and end all, but a worthy addition to a deep water anglers tacklebox IMO ;)

About all I can add is that they've been using em in NZ for donkeys years, and a coupla years back they took of on the east coast here. Our eastern counterparts are raving about them, so I'd suggest there's something to em, and I certainly wouldn't be discounting them!