MY Prototype rattle fly

After reading on here about rattle flies got me thinking and after a couple of shocking bodies I gave up .But the thought would not leave me alone so here is the first prototype .the plastic tube may be a problem in future (I only had 1 but could be changed for a plastic straw) and the awful flower craft thingee at the end .Has a hole that runs from side to side and i am interested to see if it makes bubles as well.Posted Image

I see you stuck with green faithful Micky,it will be interesting to see how the "rocket "goes when things pick up in the lake. cheers brenton

Yes i did Brenton not sure if the tail is thick enough .And the Diamente eyes that the lake bream and ST's like .This is just the start my mind has so many colour combinations its mind blowing.There is a part of my BRAIN telling me its going to float .may test it in the river soon

Well I took it to my very own personal fly trying tank the port river this morning.As I thought the tail was ok length wise but needed more width .No problems casting it with my 6 weight.But the damn thing floated worked a bit like a bass gurgler.Back to the drawing board for me I will get it down to the fish.I actually found some Bream (two over 30cm) first I have seen in weeks .They were near the bottom while the fly was on top .CheersM

Brass or tungsten eyes might be the go or wrap some wire (Lead or solder ) around the tube. Nice colour for bream.And the daisy bead looks like it should stir up some water. I have used tubes from ball-point pens, cut down, for similar flies.I will post some pics of a few of mine laterRogerG

Brass or tungsten eyes might be the go or wrap some wire (Lead or solder ) around the tube. Nice colour for bream.And the daisy bead looks like it should stir up some water. I have used tubes from ball-point pens, cut down, for similar flies.I will post some pics of a few of mine laterRogerG

Was thinking of pens Roger thanks for the tip

A few of my tube flies.This type catches Kingie RatsPosted ImageNote the double hookPosted ImageUnrigged with chrome braid wrapped tube (Untested)Posted ImageWorks on Snook and Flathead good all rounderPosted ImageAll on plastic tube from cut down ball point pen refills. The hair is from fallow deer, a mate supplies me with venison now and then and I always clip some of the longer hairs before skinning it.RogerG

MickyJ, I finally got around to digging out the wagglers, I noticed that they have "Rattle eyes" These are available from Cheap as Chips etc. in various sizes and are glue on. There are a couple of lose ones out of my kit at the bottom of the pic if you can see them.Posted ImageRogerG