Onkaparinga tides

Ok just wondering if anyone can give some understanding how the tides work in the onk.I know the tide normally runs 2hrs behind, but I can't work out the river.A high tide doesn't always appear to be a high tide and I can't always work out the best times in the onk.Also does anyone know why after a good rain the next day it seems like it has dried out.Any tips on understanding how the tides really work in the onk

Ok , now i havent been fishing the Onk very long but this is what i have witnessed . You do have to go on the highest high and the lowest low to get a rough idea what the Onk is doing for that day . Recently i have seen the Onk have a twelve hour turn around from high to low and on the opposite range a three hour turn around from high to low . I think the Onk drains slower than what it fills up , so depending on what point in the moon cycle and the effect of the tides between the high-high and the low-low are , it can drain even slower . There for not having much movement , if not , stalls even between the big movements with tides in the ocean having a lot of movement . At the moment i'm learning a lot about the Onk and every thing i have learnt last year going out the window as the moon cycle was different again . Most of last year the high-high was after the the low-low and had a different effect . Now it has the low-low after the high-high and what i have written above is what i am witnessing . The second page of the messenger has an awesome gragh of the tides that give me much more of a visual idea of what they are doing . You are right about the tide in the Onk being about two hours later but this is mainly relevant to the high-high and the low-low as these are strongest , but the one's in between i'm still trying to get them down pat and a soon as i have it sussed i will let you know . Dont get me wrong i'm no expert and i'm still learning every time i head out . Also the wind can play a big factor as well .