Catalina 4500 query

So i bought one of the last cheap ones of these the other day and I love it but for one thing....The cap that goes opposite to the side you run the handle is plastic. Everything on this reel is built to last but this one bit :blink: Is this a part you could order? I'd assume it would be the same size as the saltiga 4500 one.. So I want the metal one that comes with that. Eventually i'll get a new knob for it too as i prefer the round ones.Anyone else got one of these reels?

My Certate Hyper had a metal cap when first purchased, I then lost the original and ordered another the replacement part from Daiwa came back as a plastic one. Dissapointed big time I was.So I get the feeling that a lot of these caps are plastic these days. if you do find some Metal ones, I think they will fit both the 4500 and 4000 size, so if you do give me a yell, as I would like to replace mine with the original metal one too? :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Yeah no worries fella,I'll hunt one down over the next few weeks (Just need to recover financially, haha oops)My dogfight has a metal one so i would assume the 4500 saltigas must have had one. I suppose it is cheaper but I like knowing you cannot break it no matter what!The new catalinas come out soon so there still should be parts around for a while

Yeah no worries fella' date='I'll hunt one down over the next few weeks (Just need to recover financially, haha oops)My dogfight has a metal one so i would assume the 4500 saltigas must have had one. I suppose it is cheaper but I like knowing you cannot break it no matter what!The new catalinas come out soon so there still should be parts around for a while[/quote']Yeah Cheers.The interesting thing to note is that the original Certate I brought was back in 2008 and it had a metal cap.I then lost the cap ordered the new one it comes back plastic.I also brought a whole new reel - a second Certate Hyper this year so 2011 and it too comes new with a Plastic cap. It makes me wonder if Bruce or some of the boys arent pulling em off and putting replacement plastic ones on there..LOL