AWESOME Link For Kayakers and small boaters (PORT RIVER SYSTEM)

http://www.users.on.net/~pcarter/canoe_sa/maps/ti_notes.html(can't get the link working but if you cut and paste it in your address bar it'll work)Was going to post his in Kayak Fishing, but sadly I dont have a Kayak... I do however love the subject areas on the Port River system covered in this report/write up.Makes you want to get out and off the coach. And push the limits of the tinnies shallow draft a little bit further.SA inshore anglers are lucky to have such an interesting historically rich area to investigate and explore... a few keys to some good fish lay hidden in this report I woukld think.No wonder 90% of the fish are caught by 10% of anglers. As bikies wear their 1% badge with pride, maybe anglers should wear a 10%er badge. Anyway, very excited to find this little gem and evn though I spend a lot of time in the area, I found this very educational :)

Hi Jack.Yeh good link to read.I have experimented in these creeks for years particularly when i had a tinnie. Many a time went into these creeks to be blocked off by an overgrown mangrove or a log or tree branch in the creek. Usually just forced the tinnie thru the mangrove bush or just lifted the tinnie over the obstruction & continued on.Experienced great fishing with legal Mulloway, Bream, Flathead, huge Gar, Mullet, Salmon Trout, Catfish, small Snapper, trumpeters, whiting, stingrays, fiddlers, sea snakes not to mention billions of mosquitoes & an amazing spectacle of bird life & other creatures.You will be totally amazed with what you see & find.A bigger boat now but still frequent some of these creeks on high tide at certain times of the year for live bait. Often you can pick up live bait & big live bait in less than 30 minutes for a Mulloway session. Even a good feed of bread & butter fish if winds are up etc. I'm still amazed as these creeks always change somewhat. Small tinnie territory & Kayak heaven i think. It would be most unusual if you did not catch something on every trip. Also great for bird watchers, photography & so on if you are so inclined.Experiment & enjoy.