An Impulse buy

Was going to search for a new 6 weight fly rod when I was on leave in Oct .But went into the tackle shop in the port .And well was going to laybuy it .The wife walked in and said how much is it ? Told her and she said stuff the laybuy just buy it ;DSo I am now the proud new owner of Pflueger Trion Graphite 6 weight fly rod .And she feels so light heaven comes to mind ;)Just need the weather to improve ;)

Good one mate,but how about a picture then...Must be nice to have a missus that doesn't go off thier rocker at ya when you buy a new out-fit.. ;D ;D

I will post a pic latter when I have some time.Well the wife wanted me to as I got a windfall and hadnt bought myself anything with it .

Good on you Micky,you only live once so you might as well get what you want.Tonka is going to let me have a play with one of his one day but i fear it may be another addiction. cheers brenton

Brenton as I told the guy in the shop .Yes they had a fly guy in there lol.I don't want to go back to bait .Finally a rod that will not fly apart after a few casts or feel like a broom stick.Cheers Brenton I enjoy reading your posts by the way inspires me to get out there

Took the new stick out for a flick this morning on the Port river .The only ones enjoying the fishing were the 20 or so Port river Dolphins. And boy in the morning mist watching them feed was an awesome sight .Mind you it did nothing for my personal fishing .What I did learn was this rod was so much easier to cast than my old one .Sure there were one or two teething problems but they were due to operator faults than the Pflueger Rod.And I predict this will be a very good "Bream Stick"Cheers

Nice one Mickyj,I have a Pflueger PSFY 8056 which has served me well on the trout holes over the past five years. I hope you get a good run out of yours.RogerG

thanks RogerG I hope to and use it in both salt and fresh .I seem to be getting a bug to walk along some streams or rivers somewhere:)