Shimano Raider

G"day guys,any feed back on these blanks,I have been toying with the idea of the 7 foot 6 finesse bream,as I like them to be a bit longer,.Anyone have some feedback good bad or indifferent on what they think ,or any other suggestions.They seem well priced, oh the application is landbased plastics/light tackle work.Cheers 8)

Guest big lizard

I cut mine up and used it to rebuild Chop's rod i personally hated it... Have a look at the 2 to 4kg Litespin Starlo tournament pro's worth the few extra bucks and the are 7' 3" from memory.. Before you buy a raider mate, i think Chop may have one he might want to sell?? PM him you just may get a bargain

Cal,I would have agree with Big L on this one. I used a raider for almost a year and I found it a bit stiff in the tip for casting small Bream lures :icon_e_wink:. My advice would be to go to Tackle World at Salisbury and see Yak. I went there last week with a budget and got a Daiwa Tierra (as I posted). See Yak he'll set ya right :icon_e_wink:

i think ule find that the starlo stix might 7"3 but has longer butt than normal so u dont benefit from any more lentgh,(correct me if im wrong) ;D. ive had the 7"6 raider for couple years and it casts the lightest softys and hard bodys further than any other lure chuckn rod i own(t-curve,starlostix tourny,etc,etc ???.but could be contributed to type of braid line lay on quality reel etc,but i will say the 7"6 is a very soft floppy blank and not one i use often unless im chuckn alot of really light feather weight softys ;).the only reason i bought this rod was for the extra casting distance for fishing the onkaparinga so i could cast to the opposite bank.but again action wise i found it to be too floppy so it just doesnt feel right for imparting action on ure lures.I would go the starlo stix tourny in 7"3 u might pay an extra 50 sack but its way worth it ;Dcheers

id think the 7'6 raider would be floppy becoz the length but iv had the 7'2 bream finese raider and that cort me heaps of big bream and schoolies with out any problems, like crocka said you can whip the lightest lures out a mile and they ar perfect for finese work. the only problem is they hav ar the guides dodgey bindings and the reel seat dosent fit all reels that good! but the price is super cheep in some shops which i will not name so il be getting a nother one!only my opionions thocheersbrooksey

• 2 weeks later...