Looking on spending a week down lower Yorkes this summer' date=' the wife is keen to stay at Butler's property, did a search and most of the discussion is about salmon and mullet in the autumn/winter. Can anyone tell me what's the go there in summer?[/quote']Hopefully Cal can answer this one for you Plankton.He seems to know it a bit ;)

Well, awfully quiet topic, I guess that means the fishing could be either really bad or really good :dry: :laugh: I'm sure there's got to be something small around during the day that my boy can catch on some prawns or worms, and after dark who knows what may happen... ;) If the fishing isn't very good I'll most likely put up a report, although if I get into something good you'll probably never hear from me again. ;):P:laugh:

Well' date=' awfully quiet topic, I guess that means the fishing could be either really bad or really good :dry: :laugh: If the fishing isn't very good I'll most likely put up a report, although if I get into something good you'll probably never hear from me again. ;):P:laugh:[/quote']And so it goes :P :whistle: :laugh:

i've fished butlers property for over 30 years but have never been in summer, too hot for me :P we used to fish from when it re-opened in August/sept till November in that time i have caught and seen caught, Tommies gar squid salmon mulloway and rock fish. It is a great place to be thats for sure as the fishing and scenery is usually great, in summer keep an eye out for the snakes seen heaps there over the years. Treasure cove is a good safe place to fish on the out going or incoming tide for squid and gar, you walk out on the exposed reef to the left of the beach, watch out on the incoming tide the water doesn't trap you on the end. just walk back and keep fishing on the incoming. Personally i liked the out going tide, hope that helps a littlecheers chuckHere is the reef and where to fish on it (low tide)butlerstreasurecove.jpg