i was just having a look through my tackle bag and noticed it is getting a bit full. i have packs of hooks, sinkers, swivels, different strength leaders etc as well as a heap of squid jags, trolling lures, casting lures etc, all the usual things u would have in a tackle bag. i was just wondering what everyone carrys as part of a standard kit when heading out and what they carry it in? obviously if u generally only target one species then you would have it pretty well sussed but if u arent sure what u gunna run into then what would u take? the reason i ask is because as i accumulate more tackle i find that it is starting to take up alot of room but i dont like to leave it at home coz i bought it to use? anyone else have a similar problem? :unsure: also, what do u all use to store your larger lures, smaller lures, squid jags etc?

While it doesnt solve the problem of carrying gear for every occasion, I recently bought one of the soft bags with several pockets outside and multiple plastic storage trays inside, which has proved really handy.Im off to Rays in a moment to get in on their current sale, so if this option sounds appealing, now might be the time to get one ;)

I leave a tackle box in the car full of stuff i might need and then you a carry bag which is smilar to what afishyfish was speaking of. Has plenty of pockets to put lures, soft plastics, jigs heads, pre made rigs in and so on. Also carry squid jigs in a old pencil case with bit of soft foam to place the squid jigs in. Keeps everything together nice and neat.

At home I have a main Plano 7 Tray Tackle box but find it very heavy and cumbersome.So whenever I go I use a High Sierra carry bag. And pack the according gear.The main things I will usually take wherever I go is:1. A couple of Squid Jags i.e. Pink Sephias, Yamashita Naturals.2. A few Bibbed Lures like Salmon Size usually in a Pilly Colour.3. A Range of Soft Plastics & and Jigheads to match. Paddle Tails, Wrigglers etc4. Pre Made Rigs Whiting Paternosters and Running Rigs.5. Spare Leader of many breaking strains.These I think will cover anything that can be occured on a Breakwater, Jetty aswell as being very light.I can usually aswell in this Fit an DSLR Camera, A Underwater Housing, Pliers, Braid Scissors.TT B)

yea some good ideas, i reckon im gunna have to rethink the way it is packed atm, i gotta an Okuma backpack style with four main pockets. i grew up bait fishing but as im starting to use lures more i am finding that i need more space as i accumulate them, hence the topic to see what others do. i have to say though that i find throwing lures around much more engaging than soaking bait, just a pity there are no bream in Whyalla. i want to start targeting flatties but that is a whole new topic!any other ideas on tackle storage would be welcomed, i like the sound of that bag tho AFF, i might have to check it out on there online store B)

any other ideas on tackle storage would be welcomed' date=' i like the sound of that bag tho AFF, i might have to check it out on there online store B)[/quote']Mines a Mojito ( spelling :unsure: ) brand W2BF, and one of the smaller ones too. Originally bought at Anaconda for around $30 as opposed to "normal" retail of over 50 ;) Had a quick look in Rays today and couldnt see anything like it :huh:, but still came home with some U beaut squid jags and some new waterproof pants for work B)With lure storage, you can always have a wooden rail in a shed, use some nails as pegs to hang them on, then take what ones you expect to use for the day, tho I understand the temptation to take them all " Just in cae " :lol: They're also less prone to rusting there too PS. Dont worry about accumulating too many lures either, as the ones you lose will ensure that too many probably wont be a problem :c :d/

yea cool. i do go out in a boat but am starting to enjoy the challenge of land based fishing, i been out with Rocknev quite a few times now and i guess one of the more important things about doing it landbased is to try and keep the weight down so u not lugging around heavy gear.i dont have enough lures atm to warrent leaving any lures at home but if i keep collecting them like i am that may start to become a drama. i dunno, i will just have a play around and see how it all turns out ;)