Fishing the murray mouth

Thinking of heading down the mouth from Goolwa end with the trailer for a few days camping. Have not been there in ages anyone have any tips on what works best, where fishes best ect. Anyone been down there and caught anything recently. and are the seal furs spoiling the fishing there. Any help would be good.

@ Hugo - Parnka Point is just a bit of a channel - it's an access point to the surf beach - the cocklers use it. However I do know a guy who used to fish there by boat many moons ago and used to do well - I have always planned to put the boat in there but its always too windy when I stop there. If you head right and just find some deep holes - its where the pro netters get their mullet.Don't be afraid to try the mouth either - the salt water is under the fresh - fish right on the bottom - use a whiting like rig with the bottom hook below your sinker - and put some sinkers in your berley pot so it sits on the bottom. Don't be surprised if you catch some redfin as well. We did it awhile ago and fished with pilchard peices and prawns and got a nice feed of mullet and redfin - the biggest mullet was 36cm!

Oops just re read your post and it seems you might be landbased.... Not sure if you would be a chance landbased at Parnka but you never know - should be some locked in fish up there not wanting to swim through the freshwater.... The channel is pretty deep there in front of the boat ramp so you never know if you dropped a live bait in there at night time....

Thanks for advice guys still undecided as what to do will have to check the weather as it gets closer. I had never heard of it either found it in a camping site book. Was looking for somewhere close to go camping where I could wet a line and camp on the water so when Ive had to many :d/ I can still fish without having to leave the comfort of my camp chair and fire. Anyone got other suggestions of good fishing / camping sites close by that are worth a crack?