MULLET, Yellow Eyed, Jumping or Stunned on Fly

:-\ Hey Guys,I'd luv to hear if any one has targetted Mullet on Fly, wet or Dry, or even caught one accidentally while on fly while after other species. When I came to Oz in 1990, I'd come from a lifetime passion for catching Trout on Fly. I was initially frustrated by the lack of opportunity to follow this up but came around to thinking what a brilliant sporting fish the humble Mullet would be with its surface feeding habits and also it doesn't mind a nocturnal snack either.I tried all sorts of dry's and wets on areas of the Onka which were heaving with busily feeding fish with not a touch so put it in the too hard basket. I've asked about among my peers without much success but have been so impressed with the know how on this Forum that I thought if there is enough info coming forward we might be able to start a new dynamic and give the old bream a few days off.Cheers, tonyb

• 2 weeks later...

hey tony u know me & ive caught some mullet on fly most of have been caught while targeting bream on fly. one nice fish i did foul hook in the back was a jumping mullet of about 1 kilo but most are yellow eye mullet on my deeper dan pattern in the yellow colour. you could also try floating bread type patterns with some bread berley that little white moth pattern i sell at the club meetings might work as well.

Thanks for the input Joe, is the deeper dan the bright flashy barbell headed mully lure you make? if so I've got a few of them but haven't tried the lure types as I was thinking more on the lines of small drys or wets :-\ Could you bring a few of those white ones to the meeting if you remember and are they wet or dry?Was at Stu's place friday arvo, the place was boiling with fish rises. Stu was saying they never stopped all afternoon. Plenty of fly life too. Bit of heat really fired them up.Going back for a fish on friday with my new Fly Rod off Shane. Gotta get it christened. :icon_e_biggrin:Cheers, Tony.

• 3 months later...

G'day Dave,Welcome to S&H and take a Karma point as well as I've been waiting sincs September'08 for the info you've just given me ::) 8)Cheers for that, wouldn't be able to photocopy that article would you mate? Don't want to stretch a potential friendship too far, so it's OK if you can't ;) :fishing:Cheers, tonyb.