Kayaking KI - Lots of advice needed.

Some lads will know what I'm up to, some wont. In 10 weeks (early december) I'll be spending 10 days in KI. I'll have 5 days at Island beach with some other yak fishos (not on this site) but before that I'm all by myself, nothin but my rods, my yak and a whole heap of safety gear haha.I will find myself at Penneshaw on a Saturday arvo and need to be at Island beach Wednesday night. I can travel 30km a day including fishing time or 50km in a day to get to a really gun destination if need be.1. Does anyone have any good places to stay within a couple hundred metres of the beach? I'm talking Island Beach, Penneshaw, American River and Kingscote. Can camp, prefer a cheap room, don't want anything fancy though.2. Any help with fishing spots? General advice and/or marks. I would love snapper and sharks but if no one has some solid advice for them that they want to part with I'm perfectly happy chasing anything that is around as fishnfreak knows all too well ;).3. PUBS! Who does the biggest steaks basically :P.Any advice at all will be welcomed as it's my first time to KI (for fishing anyway).

I'd check out Baudin beach 11 k's out of peneshaw on the main drag towards Island beach, good reef structures everywhere within 500 m of the ramp, snapper, trevers, whiting, gummies, bronzies, blue morwong, squid etc. etc. plus if you don't mind diving there's scollops & the odd cray. Also not too far from the Chapman river which can hold some good bream. I've been heading over there every year around xmas time for the past 8 years, excellent people, dissapointed I won't be able to make it this year, but I'm hoping to get back there for a winter trip next year to sample the legendary whiting fishing. Always had an excellent feed at the Peneshaw pub which also has one of the best views of any pub I've been to.Best of luck, Spog

Howdy Yakfisho, you should also be able to pick up some whopping big snook along the way to Baudin Beach (Geez! when I grew up there it was called American Beach and spog I never had to dive for scallops you just walked out up to your knees with a bucket and collected as many as you wanted) :D You'll enjoy yourself over there

im starting to kick myself for not going with you guys, but i reckon the bosses would give me a sharp kick in the ass if i took more time off haha

Dude you shouldn't be kicking yourself... you should be cutting yourself. Snapper at dawn, whiting in the morning, have some lunch, chase some flatties or salmon in the arvo, head out at night and bag a bronzie. Yeah, that's my kind of living. Fingers crossed it actually unfolds that way!