Homemade Blades

Here's a few of my latest Blades i have made.The bodies are made out of aluminum, and the heads are lead.My fav shape is the top left one. I think i might make up a whole heap and paint all different colour schemes.Any comments or questions welcome.Posted ImageAlso repainted my old faithful spoon the Scorpion gave me a while ago, thanks mate. Hope i didn't remove the mojo, it has caught me some nice fish.Posted Image

I tried some plastics a while back, pretty satisfying fooling a fish with yer own creation :)How've you gone so far, and what kind of cost is there in setting yourself up to do a few??Look awesome by the way, I reckon it'd be great fun getting the colours all custom you YOU want rather than what the shop THINKS you want...Never forget a few years back when I was right into bream on lures, I paid $29.95 for a really cool looking blade... Waited all week to cast at a bridge pylon in West lakes... First cast, stuffed it up and snagged next to AAMI bridge :silly: :ohmy: may as well have opened my wallet and just chucked cash in the drink :laugh: not the first or last time of done a lure first cast :(:blush:

The lures themselves cost me nothing but time. Painting them does, with paint, airbrush equipment, powder paint, etc.They work plain silver too, so don't have to paint, just clear coat.Hooks and rings are minimal when you by a few at a time.Good fun, even better when you get a fish on one.