To all you freaks out there stay calm,Just putting it out thereThey reckon out of the millions of baby fish born less than 1 in a hundred makes it to legal size. Thats being conservative, Its probably far less.That would mean even less would get to monster sizesLess than 1 in a thousand snapper would get 30lbs or mullies to 50 lb, probably less.Doesnt it make more sense to allow anglers to take their 5 snapper any size.You would be actually helping the species. Taking 2 x 20 lb snapper would be the equivalent of hundreds, probably thousands of smaller ones it would take to get to get to that size. When you take into account the spawning potential of the larger fish ............ Doesnt it make more sense to have bag limits but no size limits.Size limits encourages the taking of the breeders.

Our SA size limits are in place to ensure that various species reach a certain size and have had sufficient time to spawn before they are legally allowed to be taken.But in saying that I do agree that we should have in place a maximum size. Especially for species such as Flathead and Snapper.Our current snapper minimum size limit of 38cm allows them to breed, in my opinion, once they reach 90cm they should have to be returnedBut as you would be aware, there are other methods that can be employed by PIRSA to better manage a species such as Snapper and commercial Catch quotas in my opinion are better than putting into place more confusing laws for recreational anglers.I mean at this point in time, Ive heard there are people snapper fishing over yorke peninsula still taking their six big snapper and arent even aware of the day reduced bag limit :(