Shimano Aernos with Braid

i like to keep it about 1 - 2mm in from the edge of the spool, i find it to not get as many wind knots. i know you were looking for a rod, some places will spool your reel for you with a machine. if your still keen on a samaki rod go to tackle world on port road they got a good range of them. if you buy somthing they should spool the reel for free( if not they charge $5 ) good blokes there to mate they should look after you.

Found this write up elsewhere hope it helps :) it should say on the side of your reel spool or box how much it can take of what lb line I usually put more mono backing on just enough to cover the spool metal as the braid will need enough layers of mono to 'bed down' on . I generally put on 12-15lb mono - depending on the size of the reel .Whether the reel is a standard, conventional type or if it is a braid specific reel if the reel is designed for braid then the recommended capacity should be fairly accurate.A starting point is to look at the reel specifications and the recommended line capacity - but don't look at the lbs, look at the line diameter. Then look at your braid and see if it is close to one of the suggested line diameter capacities and that will give you a ball park figure on how much to out on.Some people like to fill their spools up to the max so it can't hold any more. Others only fill up to half way or two third or three quarters so that is personal choice. Cheers 4THA

which braid do they use to spool at TW and how much is a metre?I know Sportfishing scene use Power Pro' date=' or use to and Got one Stepney use Sufix 832.If you buy the braid of your choice from them they'll spool it usually too.[/quote']Last time I got a price quote from them they said they use a 'generic' PE Braid.Not 100% sure the quality of that so I had my doubts and bought from a Power Pro Spooling dealer. TT

Well last night/ this morning I decided to spool my reels. I had bought 300yds of 15lb Fins Braid. I was only expecting it to fill 1 spool and have a little bit left over. Well I spooled one up so there was about 2-3mm space to the edge of the spool. Then I started on the spare spool which took pretty much exactly the same amount of line. The box says it will take 240m which is 260 yards i think. Anyway, I think my spool of braid was a bit more than 300yds. Im not complaining though, $40 well spent