Make your own sinkers - mould sharing

Fellow Strikehookers.Im one of those old fashioned blokes that still makes his own sinkers.Sinker moulds are quite expensive, so I was thinking that I might start a thread with all you other do it yaselfers, to start a mould sharing post.I have a mould for the bottom type (cant think what they are called), round with the barrel swivel eyelet.It has 1, 2, 3 and 4 oz moulds in it.I am thinking about buying some jig head moulds too.If anyone is keen to do temporary borrows or swapps, it will save us all a bit more cash to bye that other tackle we want.Give me your feedback. size=448http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/o6oSQLJU__sinker.jpg[/img]

Gday Yobbo,Great idea mate !! You can certainly save yourself a few bob by doing it the hard way. All it cost is a bit of time.Funny you should mention it though, I have just given a fella at work a heap of lead to make me some jig heads for snapper sp's(fish head shape) he bought some in for me to look at and you would swear they where machine made they are that good.I will ask if him he's up for lending it out.

I have a several snapper moulds in small to large size and 2 more moulds on the way from the states 1 in the same style as you show Yobbo as well as a removable splitshot mould, also a few other types kicking around, maybe we could do a day where we get together for a sinker making session ;D followed by a few drinks ;)

G'Day Yobbo & JaggerI have the large snapper moulds 8,10,16,24OZThat I would be happy to lend out :icon_cool:I have yet to use the 24oz I don't think I would be able to wind it back up :icon_lol:But I use it for a weight in the berley potYou only fill the size you want .I have just made a batch of the tier drops with the swivel. I think they are the same as yobbo's.But I would get in line for the jig heads :icon_e_wink:

Great idea Big Ian. Are they the do-itmolds? Its a pitty the Aussies dont make quality molds like that.I was looking at getting some, but if your getting them, I dont need to ;).Cheers Dutchy, those would be a bit big for me, but pm me if ya wanna borrow mine.I like Big Ians idea of a get together and a few drinks. We could do it with litle notice too. What do you others think?