Kimberlys fishing

I went to a place in Admiralty Gulf (East Kimberly) called Port Warrender which is a great location if you have a 4wd and a tinny you can put on top. You need to be well prepared for a trip like this though as there is nothing around for over 200kms and we had to build up part of the track on the way in just to get through (it was early in the dry season though). The fishing was fantastic - lots of light pelagics (queenies, GTs, spaniards) around the islands and a beatiful little Barra creek in the bottom of the gulf. If this sounds like something you're keen on, PM me and I'll fill you in with as much info as I can. I think I still have the charts for the area too.Last time I was up that way I was going to go on a trip down to the lower Ord which I've heard is very good for big barra in the run-off and build up but I was travelling alone and the other three blokes that I was going to be joining pulled out which spoilt my plans.I've also been offshore on a charter out from Broome that I would recommend on a boat called 'Billistic' fishing for sails and small blacks. Good skipper, nice boat, great fishing, and a good deckie from SA coincidentally. From memory, the best months there for billfish are June - August.

Thanks guysI am thinking of heading over that way for a month in July (not the best fishing time Ive been told, well for barra at least) Going to do the gibb river road and up to mitchell falls, bungles, hoping to spend a few nights in broome and maybe travel up to cape lequve if we have time. Any advice on these areas or any others I should be considering would be awesome

Nothing wrong with July for barramundi, caught them all year round in the fitzroy if you don't have a boat go to telegraph pool and fish live mullet out from the pole. This year there wasn't as much rain so the Barras will be in the deep pools. July is great for offshore because of the easterly winds I would suggest jump on a charter and try for a sailfish!