Easter fresh sesh on fly

On Good Friday two years ago I fell off a cliff during a fishing trip and destroyed myself for a while. To celebrate the anniversary of my stupidity I have fished the same spot at the same time the past two Good Fridays. Thankfully there is some flow occurring now, following the recent rains we have had. The pools and runs are still very shallow but even with the new flow are crystal clear- not very conducive for good fishing when the fish in the shallower waters can see you so easily and are very, very wary. I saw lots of trout, both rainbows and browns, as well as stacks of Redfin (lots of small reddies amongst the chunky ones). It's great to see the heat and low water levels have not killed off all the resident fish. Managed a few on home made flies, with a fat heavily hackled wooly bugger getting the most interest.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

It's not that big Dazz, I think it is only a size 10 or 12 kamasan B830, just looks big in the pic. A lot I the commercially tied ones I have are bigger. Because it was so clear I started with very small flies: 16 and 18 dries and then really skinny wooly buggers in 14 and 16 but the fish didn't strike until I went chunky with lots if movement.