Bream Hardbodies

G'dayRecently I've been targeting bream alot mostly on Soft plastics and am finding it pretty easy, but when I try hardbodies I rarely even get a touch, I have caught bream on hardbodies before, but cant fish them confidently. I normally use a slow roll (so the lure is just wiggling) with a few pauses, Is this the best retrieve? I've used ecogear sx48's, rmg scorpions, daiwa double clutches (both sizes),atomic cranks and shads and many others, so far I've only had luck on the atomic shads. I know all these lures are proven catchers, but what colours are best for bream?CheersNickD :fishing:

Hiya NickD, I do a fair bit of trolling down the Onk using two Bassday Sugar Deep 50's in bright orange and also its smaller brother the Sugar Deep 35. I have picked up bream on the troll, cast and rolled slowly with a few pauses and twitches and caught some good fish. I have used it in West lakes and the Port for not much luck but I believe that most colours should work if used correctly. I usually refer back to the "Match the hatch" scenario. Whatever is locally found as bait, use a copy of that.