Hey boys and girls,Have been invited on a trip to Robe with the family in a week or two and have no idea where and what to fish for. :huh: There's the bight, the breakwater, northmost rocks and southern beaches; do any of these produce good fish this time of year? might be able to pack the surf rod but more likely will have the lighter 2 piece rods due to space issues (travelling there in a hatchback!)Besides the salmon, is there anything firing there for LB anglers this time of the year?

Hey boys and girls' date='Have been invited on a trip to Robe with the family in a week or two and have no idea where and what to fish for. :huh: There's the bight, the breakwater, northmost rocks and southern beaches; do any of these produce good fish this time of year? might be able to pack the surf rod but more likely will have the lighter 2 piece rods due to space issues (travelling there in a hatchback!)Besides the salmon, is there anything firing there for LB anglers this time of the year?[/quote']Keep an eye on this, a new report will be out tomorrow.http://www.spotonfishing.com.au/craigs-fishing-report-mount-gambier.htmlRobe is popular for Salmon at the moment. Beachport jetty has had Whiting and Tommies, not in massive numbers but enough to keep you interested.

Thanks crusher, that's a good start: gonna make a map of the area and possible catches to bring on the trip i reckon.Would be good to take a break from my mostly bread and butter fishing and go for some salmon, flatties etc etc, so i'm leaning toward doing a bit of rock fishing as well.

Thanks crusher' date=' that's a good start: gonna make a map of the area and possible catches to bring on the trip i reckon.Would be good to take a break from my mostly bread and butter fishing and go for some salmon, flatties etc etc, so i'm leaning toward doing a bit of rock fishing as well.[/quote']If you are keen for comfortable and easy access salmon fishing, the Salmon Hole @ Beachport is as easy as it comes. Seach google and go to Beachport, look around the coast for a palce called Pool of Siloam, you will see a reef in the water (obviously). This is Salmon Beach. You can use a 7 foot rod here and cast lures.Be very very careful fishing rocks in the SE, In my opinion it is very different to rocks around metro through to Victor. Enjoy and tight lines.