Feeling out for info and curious just as to how many other members or rec. anglers have caught one of these tagged carp ????I can tell you that its all organised and conducted by SARDI for research purposes, but i would have thought that it was ILLEGAL TOO ??? ??? ???NOT THAT I'D WANT TOO, OBVIOUSLY.BUT,WE CANT RELEASE, BUT THEY CAN???Apparently they put an electric current through the water, zap em and stun em all, then they all float up , where they are rounded up and taggged.Mine had an unusual addition to it though.A 30cm or so piece of stainless wire/cable stitched, Yes STICHED, back through it!!!!!Pics to Follow.Any one that has caught one tagged or like mentioned above this please post here.Or PM me.Cheers STU

Hey Buddy,We had a Fisheries Scientist give a talk on SA fish of all sorts at one of the SAFWAA meetings. Apparently they fit radio antennae of different types, some under the skin and larger ones like yours to gather data. But not only Carp.Some of the carp travel hundreds of miles :o :icon_e_surprised:Hope that helps a bit anyway Stu.Cheers, tonyb.

Yes Stu and lads,there is a Carp Lotto going on ,and also if you ring the appropriate authororties SARDI?and give the info on the tag,you will go into a draw where the winner recieves a 500 dollar gift voucher for Rays Outdoors.Also if anyone catches a Carp with a wire coming out of its mouth it has been fitted to a radio transmittor that is a tracking device.I can find out the excact details on all this for anyone interested.Cheers

Although no doubt they do tagging on the murray,this excersise is only a joint venture between the Adelaide city council and sardi.Apparently to get an idea of the Carps movements in the Torrens around the city.I was incorrect about the wired up ones having the wire coming from the mouth,it is actually sticking out the body.There is apparently a ph no on the tags to go into the 500 dollar vouvher draw,I think.And the comp expires on the 31st of November ,and you are spot on Stu they elecrofished and tagged 350 of them.Cheers